Tuesday, February 3, 2009

coconut rice

When i was in collage my mom used to prepare coconut rice for lunch.Movement my friends know what is there in my lunch box they will not spare me.I will get my choice of food from canteen.They love my mom's coconut rice(this is one among the list of items which forces me to eat lunch in canteen).S0 lemme present u my recipe off course my mom's of coconut rice.

Ingredients
Shredded coconut 1/2cup
cashew nuts 6-7 pieces(broken)
curry leaves few
mustard seeds 1/4tsp
green chilli 1
uradh dhal 1 tsp
oil 3-4 tsp
cooked rice 1 cup
salt to taste

In a kadai add 1 tsp oil saute cashew nuts to golden brown color and set aside.add some more oil splutter mustard seeds,then add uradh dhal, green chilli & curry leaves.then add the shredded coconut and saute.take it of the stove jus when coconut starts turning brown.To this add the cooked rice & salt.coconut rice is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

baby growth