Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ghee rice

A restaurant in US gives ghee rice along with the side dishes like ennai kathrikai.It tastes so gud i always end up eating this ghee rice all the time & almost never order anything else.So i decided to prepare ghee rice this weekend at home as even my hubby loved it.

This ghee rice reminds the dhal rice my mom gives me when i was young with lots of ghee in it although this doesn't have dhal in it.

This is how i made it.

Wash the required quantity of rice & set aside.In a kadai add ghee.To this add jeera,the bay leaves & Cinnamon sticks.Then add rice & peas to this mix well.Add warm water.I added 2 &1/2 cups of water for one cup of rice.When the water boils transfer to microwave safe bowl & cook for 10 mins with out lid & 10 mins with lid.Adjust timing for 3-4 mins according to the rice variety.

Serve hot with any sabji of ur choice.I made thakali kozhambu & served with kosambari

No comments:

Post a Comment

baby growth