Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Paruppu usuli

This is one of my mother's speciality dish.When i was a child i loved my mom's cabbage paruppu usili with garlic rasam.Nothing can match the taste.I generally eat rasam rice only with chips or vadam.But when my mom prepares paruppu usuli i have it with rasam.This is one of my favorite.My mom also prepares paruppu usili sevai.

My husband eats paruppu usili rice itself.He has sambar as side dish.He loves usili & more kozhambu combo a lot.

I made usili this weekend when we invited couple of our friends for lunch.Everybody loved this.I made it with beans.

Here it goes,paruppu usili recipe

All u need are

Channa dhal 1 cup
red chillies 4-5(depending upon the spice level)
salt to taste
beans 1 cup
oil 4-5 tsp
mustard seeds 1/4tsp

soak channa dhal for at least 1 hr.More u soak softer it will be.My mom soaks it overnite.Grind channa dhal,red chilli adding required salt to a smooth paste.Now steam the channa paste in idly mold for 15mins.When done allow it to cool a bit.Then break up the channa mold now with hands.Crumble nicely to make the mold into powder form.

In a kadai add little oil splutter mustard seeds & add the chopped beans.Add salt & sprinkle little water.Saute & cover to cook.When the beans are cooked added the crumbled dhal to it & mix well.Saute for few mins.

Usili is ready.Isn't it easy to make???
Relax & make it.U can also cook the beans separately in microwave oven to save time when dhal is being steamed.



We can almost any vegetable we prepare adding coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

baby growth