here is how i made it
Puff Pastry Sheets - 1 box (from the frozen section of a grocery store)
For the Stuffing:
Oil - 1 tsp
Onions - 1/4 small, finely chopped
Potato - 1 small, shredded
Salt - to taste
Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
Red Chili Powder - to taste
Take the sheets of Puff Pastry out and thaw them at room temperature for about 40 minutes.
Pre-heat the Oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Now for the stuffing, take kadai and heat Oil on medium heat.
Once hot, add in the Onions and saute till they turn translucent.
Add in the Potatoes and a little salt. Mix well, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes till the Potatoes are cooked.
Add in the spices - Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder & Red Chili Powder.
Mix really well and keep aside.
cut the Pastry sheets strips into 3s to form a square.
Put 1 tbsp (approx) of the stuffing in the center.
Fold the Pastry Sheet.
Gently, but firmly, press into the sides to seal.
Put the Puffs on a cookie sheet lined with foil.Place in the pre-heated oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Once they are out of the oven, transfer them to a cooling rack and allow them to rest and cool down for 5 minutes.
Serve with chutney or ketchup.
- Use any vegetable and spice combination for the Puffs.
- It is very important to allow them to cool for 5 minutes - this will make the puffs nice and flaky AND it won’t burn your mouth.
- The Cooling rack is great but if you don’t have one, improvise - take the oven rack and give it some height and use that.
- Optional - add finely chopped green chilies or/and cilantro.
- Use up left-overs subzis, keema or just scramble some eggs - be innovative!